SHINE 1997 SPD Workshop
A SHINE splinter meeting was held in conjunction with the
AAS Space Physics Division (SPD) meeting in Bozeman, Montana.
The SPD meeting had sessions devoted to coronal observations
highly relevant to space weather applications.
The splinter meeting covered:
- recurrent structures
- transient events
- historical perspectives on Moreton waves
- prominence eruptions observed in microwaves
- out-of-plane coronagraph observations
- operational implementation of Wang & Sheeley gobal
solar wind model
- status of the quasi-steady
global MHD solar wind models
- role of SHINE relative to ISTP and other groups and initiatives